Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's Birthday Season.....

Well, its the end of July and in the HOYLE household that means it's coming up on BIRTHDAY SEASON! We have birthdays galore in August, but the most important birthdays are my sweet babies! I can't believe that out of the 365 days in a year, I would have my sweet babies exactly 2 years apart.

Miller arrived in his own timely way, a few days overdue, and taking his precious time. He was born on August 10th at 4:32 in the morning. Just a few short years later- almost exactly two to be exact! EmmaLeigh came barreling into the world with just a single push at 5:34am on August 9th, which also just happened to be my Daddys birthday too! So as you can see, August is a little exciting, um.. eventful, um..EXHAUSTING for us!

With two very young babies and birthdays only a day apart, I've been plagued as to how to celebrate their birthdays. No matter how exciting the lead up to your birthday is, poor Miller will always have to take a back seat, because Em's will always come first. Or Poor Emma's will have to fly by because Miller's is coming up the very next day! And not to mention, my poor Daddy has to get a birthday wish in there somewhere ;) Last year I decided that even though their birthdays were so close, Emma deserved her very on first birthday party. So I tried my best to make 2 parties not consume an entire weekend of our friends and families lives- however I think I kind of failed. We ended up planning a party for Friday night and another for Saturday morning. Both parties were perfect and both kiddos had great birthdays but I felt like a heal for taking up so much time on everyone's weekends. Not to mention, we were completely exhausted! So this year, as I hope to do for many years to come, we have decided on a joint party! YAY! I am super excited to celebrate, hopefully in a more relaxed way, that my babies are turning 2 & 4! Wow, where has the time gone... 2 & 4 seems so old!

Miller & Em are both so excited that their birthdays are approaching and it's all they've talked about. Who am I kidding, it's all i've talked about too!! I love birthdays and I love that my babies can celebrate together. Although, it sometime makes party planning, present planning, cake planning, decoration planning, and venue panning a little more difficult, I wouldn't trade it for the world!

So as the weekend approaches and the countdown begins to Birthday Season in August, I hope to stay calm, collected, stress free, and hopefully get a little extra sleep to accommodate all the sugared up kids from a week full of Birthday fun!!!

Here's a copy of our B-day invite for this year! I love how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment