Sunday, August 21, 2011

My sweet girl is TWO....


I can't believe my sweet baby girl is 2!! I had a really hard time on the week of her birthday but am so excited to start this new adventure in toddler-hood with her! We've gone through the toddler years with Miller, but something tells me that miss priss is probably going to be a whole different story in the Hoyle family book!

Anyways, EmmaLeigh had her 2 year doctor appointment this week and she was perfect, as we already knew, but it's always great to hear from an outsider!

I absolutely love Emma & Miller's doctor and really look forward to asking her questions about my kids and her opinions.

Emma was such a big girl and just put on a whole show for the nurses and the doctor. She was 35.5 inches tall (completely off the chart % wise) & she was 28.2 pounds (which is right at the 50% mark for weight) She has been off the chart for height since birth and she's keeping up her height even at 2 years old- I'm hoping she stays tall and slim.. she'll love that when she's a teenager!

I filled out all the paperwork and completed the questionnaire for her age group, answering all the questions on her stats and abilities. She passed them all with flying colors, I was amazed at how advanced she seemed just by the questionnaire. Dr. C came in and checked her out, she was growing well, no problems or concerns. She then went over the questionnaire and asked me a few questions about certain things, but most memorable, she asked me if Em "could put more than 2 words together." As Emma is being her wild self, and dancing around the room, she walks over to the door and attempts to open the knob, turns around to me and says, "Oh no door is locked, Mommie what gunna do." Dr. C busted out laughing and says- I think we can check that off the list!

Emma is right on track and doing wonderful. Dr. C is very pleased with her progress and says she is way too smart for her age! She is such a joy to our lives and it's great to hear she's as perfect as we all know she is!


A few things about Miss Emma as she enters the wonderful world of TWO...

Em absolutely loves her dogs, blankets, and animals. She must sleep with ALL of them every night and at nap! She has 2 dog blankets, 3 blankets, a stuffed pig, a stuffed kitty, 4 pillow pets (including one she stole from Miller), a blue dog blanket (also stolen from Miller), and a HUGE Pink dog (about 3 times larger than her- given to her by my sweet cousin Dusty). She sleeps laying all over the animals and must make sure they are all there before she can sleep!


She has really began playing house and playing with her babies. She loves to feed them bottles, sit them in the high chair, sing to them as she puts them in their crib, and of course put them in Time Out- complete with the finger pointing and "dont you dare get up!"


She loves to eat anything and everything! Emma's favorite foods are tomatoes and "Mackey Cheese" She will pick up a tomato and eat it like an apple. She is a great eater and will usually clean her plate.


Emma Loves to Sing & dance with her brother, and does anything he does!

Her favorite movie is Tangled and she loves to dress up in her Repunsal dress, shoes, and most of all the crown!

She keeps us on our toes and keeps us laughing constantly! I know I have said it before, but she is the most precious little girl, and I am So blessed to be her mommie!

No comments:

Post a Comment