Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Party day.....

My babies have had one more huge birthday this year! I think, and more importantly I hope our birthday festivities are finally over!

Birthdays started this year on Aug 5th! Wes and I both took a day off work, along with my parents and Wes's parents to celebrate the kiddo's birthdays! My grandparents even flew in from a mission trip in Idaho to celebrate the week with us!

We got up early on Friday morning and had a pancake breakfast! I had found a recipe for "Funfetti Birthday Pancakes" they were awesome- made out of funfetti cake batter and oh so good! We had our first candle blow out and sang happy birthday to both kiddos individually.
After breakfast, Mom took the kids to watch a quick tv show while me, Wes, and our dads attempted to put together their birthday playhouse, in a quick minute! They came out and ran right to the playhouse! The loved it! We then began opening presents.... and we opened, and opened, and opened! I thought it resembled Christmas morning, the kids would open a gift, play with it for a few mins, and then go on to the next one! They had a blast opening all day long! We had lots of fun playing with all their new birthday toys all day long!

Saturday was Party day! We had a joint birthday party scheduled for the late afternoon with all our family and close friends! We were all ready and decorated and had big plans of a jumpy slide and snow cone machine outside for the party! However, the weather had other plans. The party was set for 5pm and the slide was to be here 4:30, which was about the same time the clouds started rolling in. Miller was in awe when he saw the slide, in his back yard! He had a few fun slides before everyone started arriving. All of our family and great friends came in and then the bottom decided to drop out! It rained all over the slide and the party! We moved inside quickly and attempted to not be hot and squished in this house. We opened presents, had pizza and cake and all the kids had a great time playing with new toys and our toys out in the playroom. The kiddo's are so blessed to have such great friends and family that love them so much to cram into our house while it rained outside to enjoy their birthday party with them!

Finally on Sunday we had a break- a few days off from the Birthday week!

On Tuesday, Emma's actual birthday (and my Daddy's too) I took the day off to spend with her! I can't believe my sweet baby is already 2. I had a rough day on the 9th, it only seems like yesterday that she was a sweet little one and now she's full toddler and wild as can be! I spent the day with her and Miller doing everything and anything they wanted to do, we had a fun play date with some great friends, and then took good naps and then out to dinner with my family to celebrate Emma & Popaw's birthdays. I held her extra long that night and rocked her until she fell asleep, something that she rarely allows me to do anymore, and I enjoyed it very much, I am so blessed to be her mommie!

Just a few short hours later... on Wednesday was Miller K's 4th birthday! Miller had a day all planned out for us starting with breakfast at his favorite place! When you tell a 4 year old that he can plan the day, you must sit back and laugh at the results! We started with a pancake breakfast at Mcdonalds with a little playing in the indoor playplace, then off to Monkey Joes for a birthday fun day! Some of our great friends met us there and we had a wonderful time, even if it was overly crowded! We then went out for lunch and Miller's next request was a trip to ToysRUs. We had fun in the toy store and walked up and down every aisle until he picked out the perfect birthday toy. We came home, had great naps, and then ending the day in perfect Miller birthday fashion he picked out dinner. He wanted his favorite Chicken & Broccoli from the Chinese place and ate his weight in it!

We had a great birthday week and I am so blessed to have my wonderful family and friends and most of all my beautiful, healthy, amazing babies! I am so proud of them and of the children they are becoming! I love them more than life and would do anything for them. I am so happy to celebrate their birthdays this past week and hope and pray for many many more of these crazy weeks for the rest of my life! I've never been more proud to be a mom. Happy 2nd and 4th birthdays Miss Emma & Miller K!

No comments:

Post a Comment