Saturday, May 15, 2010

Faith & Family

Lately i've been thinking lots about our Faith & our Family. I know that I have faith, I believe in God, Jesus, and the holy being. I believe that Jesus came to earth, died for our sins, and rose to save Man. I know all the bible stories of Noah in the Ark, David & Goliath, and typical Sunday School stories. I have always attended church, Always. My dad was a rock when it came to church, there was never a question of "Are we going to Church?" It was just you wake up on Sunday, you go to Church- No questions, no exceptions. I like that, it was solid and a great foundation to base my childhood.

After I got married, we attended the church we got married for a few months, and eventually slipped into a habit of sleeping late on Sundays rather than going to church. And, honestly it didn't bother me then. I liked being at home with my hubby on our days off. I didn't think much about my faith, we were in the moment of being married and being young.

Then, I had kids. I want my kids to have a foundation in the Lord that I have. I want them to have that rock that I had. I want them to go to church, b/c that's what you do, there is no question. I want them to learn the bible stories you learn in Sunday school and make church friends that they can talk to about the stories, the lord, and salvation.

I want our family to be happy at a church where we all fit in. Where we are all comfortable, and love going to church. That;s where we are now, finding a church that fits our family, where we can grow our relationship with the Lord, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment